Tomato, Basil & Bacon Pancakes
Makes: 6-8 pancakes
Total time: 30-45 minutes
Recipe by Courtney Lutz
1 package Pine View Farms Bacon
1 cup Flour of choice
1 cup unsweetened Applesauce
1/3 cup Milk of choice
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp tomato powder (optional)
Juice + Zest of 1 lemon
Sprinkle Himalayan Salt
*Oil of choice for cooking
- Preheat oven to 375 On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay bacon out in a single layer.
- Once the oven is heated, bake in the oven for 15-20 min (till desired crispiness).
- In a large bowl, add flour, milk, applesauce, baking powder, tomato powder, lemon juice + zest, and a sprinkle of salt. Mix till combined.
- Turn stovetop to medium heat and add oil to pan. Once oil is hot add a ¼ cup scoop of batter to pan, once bubbles begin to form, flip and repeat on other side Pop on a pan in a warm oven while finishing the remaining cakes.
- Dice tomato, mango, and fresh basil. Top pancakes with Mango “salsa” and bacon. Drizzle in Maple Syrup. Enjoy fresh or freeze for future mornings!