Last updated May 26, 2020
Every effort is being taken to ensure that our customer and staff are safe and healthy during these uncertain times. With the onset of concerns regarding COVID-19 we have changed some of the policies and procedures to accommodate the increased demand for locally sourced products, and to stay true to our company mission.
We’re doing what we’ve always done — making clean, safe, healthy meat for Saskatchewan.
First, our shop is currently closed to the public; however, you can still order meat for Porch Pick-up or Home Delivery.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and in order to keep our staff healthy and safe, we have closed our farm store to the public.
Instead, we are happy to offer contactless Porch Pickup to customers who still wish to come by to pick up their order.
- Complete your order online and select Farm Pickup at checkout
- Our team will be in touch once your order is ready for pickup, and will arrange your pickup date/time
- Come by the farm at your specified time, follow the signs, and pickup your order from our valet bench
- It’s that easy!
As always, we offer weekly home delivery service to a wide range of locations throughout the province. Place your orders online or by phone at 306.239.4763 ext. 2 and we'll get your meat to your door!
Farm Safety & Protocol
We have always had high health and safety standards, but since the risk of COVID-19 our entire team has taken our efforts to new heights. In some cases this has made things a little more cumbersome and less efficient, but we know that it’s all for the common good.
Here are some of the ways we’re keeping our staff and farm healthy:
- Daily cleaning protocols that include pressure washing and disinfecting walls, floors, and all equipment
- Protective clothing of butcher coats, aprons, hairnets, gloves and masks are available to staff working in the shop
- Everyone washes their hands upon entry and exit of each workstation
- Everyone walks through a disinfectant boot dip when they exit or enter a room to minimize any cross contamination
- All high-contact surfaces are disinfected three to four times per day and/or in between each order
- We’re wiping down phones, computers, workstations — you name it, it gets wiped!
- When supplies enter our shop, we disinfect the boxes in the receiving area before opening and putting things away
- And then there’s Kevin . . . constantly reminding us to wash our hands, clean, disinfect, and stand 6 feet apart ALL THE TIME!
We have also physically distanced our staff, which was a big change:
- Our chicken processing staff now have their own staff room where their breaks are staggered and chairs are set 2 metres apart
- Workstations are distanced 2 metres apart as well
- Our customer service staff log in on their own time clock, have separate washrooms and coffee station from the rest of our team. They don’t cross paths with poultry staff.
We want you to feel good about the meat you eat — whether that’s because of how the animals are raised and handled, how the meat tastes, or because buying from us helps support the local community, we strive to earn your trust