Sweet & Salty Pecan Pie Bars
Ready in 2 hours (plus chill time)
Makes 12-16 squares
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
1/4 cup Almond flour
1 1/2 cups Oat flour
1/3 cup liquid Coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup Dates
1 1/2 cups Pecans
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Bacon Bits*
1 tbsp Oat milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup Water
- Boil water and pour 1 cup water over 1 cup dates in a bowl and allow to soak (about 12 pitted dates is 1 cup pressed)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment pap.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, oat flour, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Press dough into bottom of the pan and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Put the crust in the fridge and let it cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Drain dates and add to blender, with coconut oil, maple, vanilla, and milk, blend until a smooth paste forms.
- In a large bowl add date paste and mix in pecans, and bacon.
- Pour mixture over cooled crust and bake in oven for 22 minutes.
- Add the pecan bars to the fridge to set for 2 hours (do not skip this or they will fall apart!) OR add to freezer for 30-40 minutes.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
To Make Bacon Bits:
Takes 30-40 minutes
1 package Pine View Farms bacon
Preheat oven to 425 F. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add thawed bacon to pan in a single layer Bake in oven for 15 minutes, flip strips and bake for another 15 minutes (or until desired crispiness). Remove from oven and allow to cool before crumbling.