Spring Sausage & Potato Salad
Ready in 1 hour
Serves 4 people
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
1 package Pine View Farms Bratwurst sausage
4 cups Kale
2 Peppers (red, orange, yellow or green)
4 cups mini potatoes (about 32)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Himalayan salt
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
2 tsp- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add potatoes sliced in half. Drizzle with oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes (or until tende.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in a cast iron pan, add sausage and bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- In a large pan on stove top, heat to medium with 2 tsp olive oil, add diced peppers, leeks and season with salt. Sauté till lightly browned.
- Rinse kale and remove stem from middle. Rip into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Add juice of 1 lemon, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Massage kale until reduced to 1/2 the size.
- Add sautéed leeks, potatoes, red peppers, diced sausage and fresh dill to kale. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Top with hard boiled eggs.
- To make dressing: Add all ingredients together and mix till combined.