Spaghetti with Brussel Sprouts & Bacon
Total time 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe from Martha Stewart
1 package Pine View Farms bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/4 pounds brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (8 cups)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 pound spaghetti
4 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Cook bacon in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- Add half of sprouts and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned, about 7 minutes; season with salt and pepper.Transfer to plate with bacon. (If skillet is getting dark, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water and scrape up browned bits from bottom,leaving them in skillet.) Add 1 tablespoon oil; repeat with remaining sprouts.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 2 minutes less than package instructions.Drain, reserving 1 1/4 cups pasta water.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and garlic to skillet and cook over low, stirring, until just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, reserved pasta water, and cheese; stir to coat, 2 minutes.Serve immediately, topped with bacon, brussels sprouts,and more cheese.