Smokie Mac + Cheese
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4-5 people
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
1 whole Pine View Farms Chicken
1 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil
1 tbsp ground mustard powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 Garlic cloves
3 cups potatoes
Salt and Pepper
3 cups bone broth
1 -2 tsp Himalayan Salt
Poultry Herbs: Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350. Once oven is preheated lay Pine View Smokies on a baking sheet lined with Parchment paper. Give them a little drizzle in your oil of choice and pop them In the oven for 15min
- While Smokies are in the oven place a medium pot on the stove. Add Bone broth and Diced veggies.
- Turn the element to high heat. Once the Bone Broth is boiling, cover with a lid and turn to low. Allow veggies to simmer for 10-15min. Until tender.
- While Smokies and in the oven and Veggies are simmering, prepare your noodles following the instructions on packaging.
- Once veggies are tender enough too easily poke a fork through, add to blender, along with remaining ingredients. (Can also use a food processor)
- Warning: it will be hot! As you blend start on low and increase speed over time. Sauce will be creamy and gooey! Add a little more broth if you like a thinner sauce.
- Remove Smokies from the oven and finish preparing noodles based on cooking instructions.
- Enjoy your ooey gooey Mac+Cheese with Smokies all on its own or add some fresh peas or any other family favourite veggies!
The white potato is what makes this cheese sauce extra gooey, so if you swap for a sweet potato the texture and taste will be slightly different BUT still very tasty! Enjoy!