Ready in 30+ minutes
Serves 4-6 people
Recipe by Courtney Lutz
1 package Pine View Farms Chicken Farmers Sausage
1 small- medium Butternut Squash
1 small can tomato paste (about ½ cup)
1 medium Onion
2 medium Carrots
2 tbsp Coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp ghee or butter
6 garlic cloves
1 cup Israeli Couscous
1 bunch kale (or dark leafy greens)
2 L bone broth
Himalayan Salt Pepper
- In a large stock pot, turn stove to medium heat. Add ghee or butter.
- Once ghee is hot add diced garlic and onion Once onion is translucent, add diced butternut squash, sliced carrots, tomatoes and sausage (sliced in bite size pieces).
- Simmer for about 5 min then add remaining ingredients (except for kale)
- Allow to simmer on medium to low heat for minimum 25min. I let mine go for 1-2 hours on low heat.
- 5 minutes before removing from heat add in bite size pieces of kale and whatever fresh herbs you enjoy!