Ready in 1 hour
Serves 4-6 people
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
For the porcupines:1 package Pine View Farms Ground Pork
1 package Pine View Farms Ground Beef
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 cup Soaked Rice *
1 inch fresh zested ginger (skin removed)
Optional: Himalayan Salt, Black Pepper and Sesame Oil
For the Teriyaki Sauce:2/3 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 cup Bone broth (2 cups for a thinner sauce)
3-4 minced garlic cloves
2 tsp fresh zested ginger (skin removed)
2/3 cup date paste * (or brown sugar)
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
tbsp rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
For the porcupines:
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Roll into balls (about 1 tbsp per ball) and place in a large oven safe pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425F, brown meatballs in a pan on the stove with oil for a few minutes a side, then place in an oven proof baking dish, top with sauce and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and some crunchy veggies.
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add to the pan with browned meatballs (or a deep baking dish).
Soak 3/4 cup rice in 1 1/2 cups filtered water with 2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Allow to sit for 8-12 hours, rinse and drain.
*Date Paste: Soak 2/3 cup dates (pitted) in 1/4 cup hot water. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes. Blend or using a fork mash dates into a paste