Molasses-glazed Pork Loin with Roasted Italian Prune Plums
Ready in 2 hours
Serves 8 people
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart by Melanie Boldt
1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 Pine View Farms boneless pork loin roast (2-3 lb.)
For the plums:
1-2 lb. prune plums, halved and pitted
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Heat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, whisk together molasses, grainy mustard and dry mustard, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season roast liberally with salt and pepper. Sear in a skillet on the stove until well browned on all sides, 15 to 20 minutes total.
- Brush with the glaze, and cook in the oven, Continue cooking, basting and turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a serving platter, and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
To Roast the plums:
- Place sugared plums on parchment lined baking sheet, cut side down. Roast until cooked through and caramelized, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.