Honey Roasted Vegetable Salad
Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe from Epicurious
750g (1 lb 10 oz) pumpkin (you can choose which type)
1 small head cauliflower (600g)
1 bunch baby heirloom carrots (400g)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey (to sweeten the deal!)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
4 cups (100g) baby spinach leaves
1 cup mint leaves (optional)
1/2 cup (140g) natural Greek-style yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a large roasting pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife (and a grown-up to help you), carefully peel and chop the pumpkin into 2cm pieces, discarding the seeds. Trim and cut the cauliflower into florets (halving any large ones). Trim and gently scrub the carrots.
- Place the vegetables in the prepared pan and drizzle with the oil and honey. Sprinkle with the cumin, salt and pepper and toss to combine, using tongs. Roast for 25–30 minutes or until the veggies are tender and golden.
- With oven gloves on, remove the pan from the oven. Add the spinach and mint and toss through the warm vegetables, using tongs. You can transfer everything to a salad bowl now, if you like.
- Place the yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon and drizzle over the salad to serve.