Grilled Romaine and Halloumi Cheese with Mint Vinaigrette
Makes: 4 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
Recipe from Epicurious
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 hearts of romaine, quartered lengthwise
1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
1 8.8-ounce package Halloumi cheese, cut crosswise into 8 slices
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Whisk oil, vinegar, 1 tablespoon mint, mustard, and garlic in small bowl; season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush lettuce and onion slices with dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill onion slices until charred in spots and softened, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to platter; separate rings.
- Grill lettuce until charred in spots and slightly wilted, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer 2 wedges to each of 4 plates.
- Grill Halloumi until charred in spots and softened, about 2 minutes per side, depending on brand used.
- Scatter onion rings over lettuce. Divide Halloumi among plates. Drizzle with additional dressing, sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon mint, and serve immediately.