Green Chicken Curry
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart by Melanie Boldt
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1
2 ounces (about 3 1/2 cups) green beans, stem ends removed, halved crosswise
1 medium onion (1/2 inch thick), halved and sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
2 packs Pine View Farms Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds), cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (14.5 ounces) coconut milk
1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime) Coarse salt
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, place cornstarch in a small bowl; whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken broth until smooth (reserve remaining broth). Set aside.
- Pan fry chicken breasts on the stove until cooked.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add green beans and onion; cook, tossing frequently, until they begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add curry paste to green beans and onion in skillet. Cook, stirring and scraping bottom of skillet, until paste is slightly darkened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken, coconut milk, cornstarch mixture, and reserved chicken broth. Simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add basil and lime juice. Season with salt, and stir to combine; serve over rice.