Free Form Chicken Meatballs with Carrot & Yogurt Sauce
Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe at Epicurious
1½ lb. small carrots, scrubbed, tops trimmed to about ½", halved lengthwise
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
2¼ tsp. kosher salt, divided
1 lb. Pine View Farms ground chicken or ground turkey
6 scallions, white and pale-green parts finely chopped
1 large egg, beaten to blend
2 Tbsp. plain breadcrumbs (omit to make gluten free)
3 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
2 tsp. garam masala
1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt, preferably full-fat
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, plus more for serving
2 cups baby arugula or watercress
Flaky sea salt
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425°F. Toss carrots, red pepper flakes, 2 Tbsp. oil, and ½ tsp. kosher salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast on lower rack, tossing once halfway through, until carrots are nicely browned and fork-tender, 20–25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ground chicken, scallions, egg, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, garam masala, 2 Tbsp. oil, and 1½ tsp. kosher salt in a large bowl until just combined.
- Rub another rimmed baking sheet with 1 Tbsp. oil. Using your hands, scatter chicken mixture in small mounds (about 2") on baking sheet. Roast on upper rack, turning pieces once halfway through with a spatula, until browned, crispy-edged, and cooked through, 15–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, and remaining ¼ tsp. kosher salt in a small bowl. Spoon sauce over a platter or divide among plates, swooshing with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer carrots to baking sheet with meatballs and toss to combine. Arrange over yogurt sauce, then top with arugula. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice; season with sea salt.