Deep fry a turkey
Makes 1 turkey
This works best with a smaller turkey (less than 15 lb) so that you don't get hot oil spilling out of the fryer when you immerse the turkey. Also, outdoor cooking works best.
1 Pine View Farms fresh turkey, patted dry
- Preheat canola oil to 400 degrees F (200 C) — the optimal temperature for deep frying is 375 F (180 C). It is best to use a thermometer to ensure accuracy. The oil will cook when the turkey is immersed.
- Pat the bird dry — excess moisture on the bird will cause the oil to spatter.
- Carefully lower turkey into oil so it is totally covered
- Cover with lid to maintain temperature.
- When the turkey internal temperature reaches 170F — remove your golden brown turkey from the oil, making sure oil drains from the cavity
- Place on rack, cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes
- Carve and enjoy!