Cranberry Braised Short Ribs
Ready in 2 hours
Serves 4 people
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
1 package Pine View Farms Beef Short Ribs
1 cup Cranberries* see notes
1 onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced
1 inch Ginger (optional) minced
1 cup Red wine*
2 cups Pine View Farms bone broth
1 tsp pink peppercorns
1 bay leaf (or 1 tsp dried sage)
Orange peel without the pith from 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season Short Ribs with salt and pepper In a Dutch oven heat oil on high and brown short ribs on each sid
- Remove short ribs from oven and add in diced onions and garlic. Once onion is translucent deglaze with red wine, add short ribs back in and add in bone broth until liquid is half way up the short ribs. Then add 1 cup cranberries* (fresh or dried), pink peppercorns, sage or bay leaf and orange peel.
- Cover and place Dutch oven into the oven and allow to bake for 1 1/2 hours (until meat falls off the bon.
- Enjoy with Cauliflower Rice or your favourite sides.
- Optional: swap out 1/2 the cranberries for 1/4 cup goji berries and 1/4 cup golden berries.
- Substitute for wine: 1 cup Cranberry Juice or Cherry Juice and 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar.