Comforting Sausage Bake
Ready in 1 hour
Serves 4 people
Recipe from Jamie Oliver
600 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
200 g rosemary focaccia
1 x 660 g jar of white beans
12 higher-welfare chipolatas (i.e. Pine View Farms breakfast, Italian, chorizo or farmer sausages, your choice!)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, peel and finely slice the garlic, and tear the bread into bite-sized chunks.
- Place it all in a 30cm x 35cm roasting tray, pour in the beans and their juice, drizzle with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and red wine vinegar, add a splash of water, and mix it all together.
- Quickly pinch and twist each chipolata in the middle to make it into two mini ones (or cut into chunks), then randomly dot them around your bake, lightly pressing them into the beans and tomatoes. Roast for 45 minutes, or until everything is golden, bubbling and delicious.
- EASY SWAPS: Jarred white beans are delicious, but you can swap in any type of bean you’ve got in the cupboard, jarred or tinned, or even lentils. No fresh tomatoes? Don’t worry, chuck in some tinned tomatoes or passata instead. It’s all good.