Buttered Chicken Soup
Ready in 2 hours
Makes 6 litres
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
1 butternut squash
2 sweet potatoes (yam or Japanese)
2 cups green peas
4 celery stalks
4 large carrots
1 large onion
4 minced garlic cloves (or 1 tbsp garlic powder)
1 tbsp dried dill
2 litres Pine View Farms chicken bone broth
Salt + Pepper
2 tbsp Ghee or butter
- In a large stock pot heat ghee or butter. Add onion and garlic and sauté till onion is translucent
- Add in chicken and sear each side. Once chicken is browned, chop and dice vegetables into desired size pieces and add to the pot.
- Add seasoning and spices and allow veggies to sear for about 5 minutes before adding bone broth.
- Fill pot with water until the chicken is fully submerged and allow to simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred, discarding bones. Add chicken back into soup and enjoy!