Beet Pesto Cold Smoked Pork Chops
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe by Courtney Lutz
4 Pine View Farms Cold Smoked Pork Chops
2 cups Beet Leaves (stems removed)
1 cup Fresh Basil ½ cup Fresh Parsley, Mint or Sage
2 Large Garlic Cloves
½ cup soaked cashews* or hemp hearts
½ cup Nutritional Yeast
Juice of 1 Lemon (about 1 tbsp)
¼ cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 (or turn BBQ to medium heat) In a food processor, add all the pesto ingredients. Process until creamy and combined. Massage each Pork Chop with pesto.
- Stovetop and oven method: In a pan on medium heat on the stove, sear each side of pork chop for 5 min then place in the oven for another 10 min.
- BBQ method: once the grill is hot, cook each side for 5-7 min or until done.
- Enjoy with a warm salad of beet tops and roasted beets or your favourite side dishes!
- Tips: if using cashews in pesto soak overnight and rinse before using or allow to boil for 30 min. Have some extra beet tops? Heat a pan with some oil and add diced garlic and onion. Cook till translucent, then add in chopped beet stems and leaves. Season with salt. Sauté for 5-10 min then remove from heat. Enjoy with Beet Pesto and Pork Chops!