Sundried Tomato Sheet Pan Dinner
Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 5 people
Recipe by Dallas Odgers, The Nutritionist
5-6 medium new potatoes, peeled and cut into equal-sized pieces
1.5 c. carrots, peeled and chopped
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
1 Tbsp oil from sundried tomato jar
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
2-3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
Fresh basil leaves for garnish
Salt & pepper
For the creamy sundried tomato sauce:
6 sundried tomatoes (in oil)
1/4 c. 10% cream
1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp honey
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove fresh garlic
Salt & pepper
Water to thin
- Preboil the potatoes until they are easy to pierce with a fork. Let cool & cut into bite sized pieces.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a parchment lined baking dish add the pre-boiled potatoes, carrots, and a drizzle of the sundried tomato oil. Bake for 10 minutes to give them a head start.
- Combine the creamy sundried tomato sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. The sundried tomatoes make it thick, so you will need some water to thin.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken breasts and all of the sauce.
- Add the saucy chicken breasts and chopped asparagus throughout the pan. Drizzle the rest of the sauce over the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for ~25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for a 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh shaved parmesan, basil leaves, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and some salt & pepper!