Skewered Greek Meatballs
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe adapted by Melanie Boldt from Martha Stewart
1 pkg Pine View Farms Beef Meatballs or Pork 'n Beef Meatballs
4 Bamboo or metal skewers
(This recipe is easily doubled by adding another pack of meatballs!)
Pita bread (optional)
For the pan-fried tomatoes:
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
2 Tbsp. olive oil
For The Dipping Sauce:
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
1 clove garlic minced
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Make the dipping sauce: Mix together yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint, lemon zest and juice, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; season with pepper.
- Preheat your BBQ or turn on your oven broiler, with rack in top third of oven whichever cooking method you prefer. Slide 4 meatballs onto each of 4 skewers.
- If broiling lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Broil skewers on baking sheet until just cooked through and deep golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- While broiling or BBQ-ing the meatballs, heat a frying pan and add the olive oil, tomatoes and oregano. Cook, stirring tomatoes and smashing slightly with a spoon so they release juice and make a sauce, about 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve meatballs with yogurt dipping sauce, tomato sauce and pita bread.