Ready in 45 minutes
Serves 4-6 people
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
1 package Pine View Farms Ground Pork
1 cup spinach chopped and firmly packed
1 can Chickpeas
1 small Sweet potato
1/4 cup fresh Parsley
4 Garlic cloves
1 small can Tomato paste
1/2 cup shredded cheese or Nutritional yeast
1 tbsp Smoked paprika
1 tbsp onion powder
1 package puff pastry
- In a pan on medium heat, sear ground pork. Once done, remove pork (leaving pork drippings in pan.)
- Shred sweet potato, add to the pan with chickpeas, seasoning and tomato pas. Sauté for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl with ground pork.
- Add shredded cheese, diced parsley and chopped spinach. Allow filling to cool.
- Thaw a sheet of puff pastry, cut in half lengthwise so you have two long strips of pastry. In the middle of each strip, add filling. Pull the sides of pastry towards the middle, overlapping, covering the filling. Pinch closed. Beat egg and brush pastry. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, onion and garlic powder if desired.
- Preheat oven to 35fF. Place rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes (until golden brown). Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing into desired size rolls.