Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
2 1/2 cup flour (of your choice)
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 baking powder
2 cups milk of choice (with 1 tbsp lemon juice)
1 cup pumpkin purée
4 eggs (separated)
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
Oil for cooking
- Separate egg yolk from egg whites.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, sugar and sa.
- In a separate bowl combine egg yolk, pumpkin and milk Add wet to dry ingredients.
- Whip the egg whites until light and fluffy (until firm peaks form) and slowly fold into batter. * this makes lighter, fluffier waffles.
- Heat waffle iron and add 1 tsp oil, add batter and depending on your waffle iron, cook until golden.
- Serve with syrup and breaded and baked chicken drumsticks or your favourite sides.