Paprika Rubbed Chicken With Roasted Garlic
Serves 4 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Recipe from Martha Stewart
1 tablespoon paprika
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 Pine View Farms whole chicken, patted dry
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, 2 teaspoons coarse salt, and teaspoon pepper.
- Season chicken cavity with about 1/4 of paprika mixture.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack set in a roasting pan. Using kitchen twine, tie legs together; tuck wing tips under.
- Rub chicken with oil; sprinkle all over with remaining paprika mixture. Roast until very dark, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil or cover with a lid; continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, about 45-60 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, and cover loosely with foil; let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.