Instant Pot Mushroom & Chicken Sausage Risotto
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe from "The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook" by Laurel Randolph, Rockridge Press, 2016. Page 100.
3 tbsp. butter
1 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
3 thyme sprigs, leaves only plus more for garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
1 T soy sauce
1/2 c. dry white or red wine
2 cups Arborio rice
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Select saute on high heat. Add oil to pot.
- Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes and remove from pot.
- Reduce heat to medium, melt butter, add mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring for 6 minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms cooked. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the soy sauce and wine. Cook, scraping up brown bits from bottom of the pot, for about 3 minutes, or until alcohol smell has gone.
- Add the broth and rice. Stir. Secure the lid.
- Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, use a quick release. Stir. If the risotto is too soupy, select "Saute" and cook uncovered for a few minutes. Add Parmesan.
- Serve topped with Parmesan and Thyme.