Immune Supporting Chicken Soup
Serves 6-8 people
1 whole Pine View Farms Chicken
3 Carrots (peeled and diced)
2 celery stalks (diced)
1 cup Fresh or Frozen Green Peas
1 medium butternut squash or sweet Potato (peeled and dice)
1 medium Onion
4-6 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp-1 tbsp Ground or fresh Turmeric
1 tsp Ground Ginger or 1 inch fresh Ginger (zested)
Himalayan Salt Black Pepper
3 cups Greens like Kale, Spinach, or Dandelion greens (washed and diced)
2-4 L Pine View Farms Chicken Bone Broth (or veggies or mushroom)
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar Oil/Ghee
Fresh parsley, lemon juice to serve
Optional add ins: reishi, chaga, dried rose hips
- In a large Stock Pot, add 2 tbsp oil of choice and turn on high heat.
- Once oil is hot, reduce to medium and add diced onion and garlic, once onion is transparent add whole chicken and quickly sear skin.
- When skin is browned add remaining veggies (minus kale), sauté for 5-10 min before adding remaining ingredients including bone broth (or water if you don't have broth on hand).
- Cover for a minimum of 1 hour (or until chicken is cooked through). Remove chicken once cooked. Allow to cool before shredding chicken and adding it back into the soup. (You can set aside a little chicken for sandwiches the next day).
- About 10 min before you are ready to eat, add in diced kale and fresh herbs, stir till combined.
- Get the most out of your chicken by saving the extra meat for sandwiches and the chicken carcass to make bone broth, make immediately or freeze for later! (The Instant Pot makes quick work of brothmaking.)
- Once ready to enjoy, top with fresh parsley, a squeeze of lemon, some chilli flakes and/or a splash of coconut cream.
Save bones for making more chicken broth once soup is done!