Hoisin and Chili Glazed Chicken Drumsticks & Slaw
Prep: 20 mins
Total: 1 hr
Recipe from Martha Stewart
8 Pine View Farms chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons chili paste, such as sambal oelek
1/2 head napa cabbage (or regular cabbage or coleslaw mix) , shredded (6 cups)
4 medium carrots, peeled and shredded (2 cups)
4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (or regular fresh mushrooms), stemmed and thinly sliced (2 cups)
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
Steamed rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together hoisin and chili paste; brush evenly over chicken.
- Bake until blackened and just cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes. Reserve juices that accumulate on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, lime juice, oil, and cilantro in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Toss occasionally while chicken cooks.
- Serve chicken with reserved juices and more cilantro over rice, with slaw alongside.