Easy Korean Rice Bowls
Ready in 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
Recipe & Photo by The Busy Baker
4 cups cooked rice (about 1 1/3 cups uncooked), or use minute or instant rice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 - 1.5 pounds (1 pack) Pine View Farms extra lean ground beef
3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
3 tablespoons brown sugar
a dash of sriracha hot sauce (optional)
1 cup carrots, cut julienne style (these can be purchased pre-cut in the produce section of your grocery store)
Optional: julienned peppers work well as a substitute or in addition to carrots
chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes (optional) for serving
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat at add the sesame oil. Add the ground beef to the hot skillet and brown until almost cooked through (about 6-10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and sriracha to the skillet and stir well until a small amount of sauce forms.
- Add the carrots and cook for about 2 more minutes until the carrots soften slightly.
- Serve the beef mixture over rice and garnish with chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and a small sprinkling of red pepper flakes (garnishes optional).