Chicken Souvlaki Marinade
Ready in 30 minutes (marinating time 1 hour or overnight)
Serves 4 people
¼ cup vegetable oil
4 Tbsp tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minc
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ - 2 pounds Pine View Farms boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 2 cloves minced garlic, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large resealable bag.
- Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Soak wooden skewers in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto the soaked skewers. Discard unused marinade.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side.
- Serving options: serve with pita, cucumber, tomato, lettuce and tzatziki or pair with a Greek salad and roasted potatoes for a Mediterranean inspired meal.