Chicken Chow Mein
Ready in 1 hour
Serves 4 people
Recipe by Courtney Anderson
1 large Spaghetti squash
2 packages Pine View Farms Chicken Breast Fillets
2 Celery Stalks
2 cups chopped Cauliflower
1 cup Green Peas
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1/2 cup Chopped Almonds
3 tbsp Sesame oil (or oil of choice)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup Honey
Fresh Herbs for garnish (parsley or cilantro)
- Heat oven to 375 F. Cut spaghetti squash in half (butt to blossom) and remove seeds. Add 1/2 tbsp sesame oil into each centre and a splash of soy sauce. Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 45 minutes to1 hour (until squash pulls apart easily.
- While squash is baking, In a large pan heat 1 tbsp oil, add diced onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent then add thin strips of chicken. Sauté. Once chicken is browned add in, diced celery, peas, mushrooms, and cauliflower. Cover and turn heat to medium. Optional : add in another tbsp sesame oil.
- Continue to sauté veggies and meat until cauliflower is tender, then add in shredded carrots. Cover and remove from heat. Mix in the desired amount of sauce into sautéed meat and veggie mixture.
- Once squash is cooked, add sautéed meat and veggies into the centre of squash, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with fresh herbs and crushed almonds. OR pull apart squash and mix into sautéed veggies and meat, then top with fresh herbs and crushed almonds.
- For sauce: in a small pot heat soy sauce, once bubbling reduce heat to low and add in honey. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.