Bacon & Potato Chowder
Adapted from Soup, Bread & Dessert by Joan Yoder & Dennis Helmuth
6 slices PIne View Farms bacon
1 cup chopped onion
3 cups diced potatoes
3 cups PIne View Farms chicken bone broth or other stock
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. flour
1 can evaporated milk.
Finely chopped green onion for garnish
- Fry and remove fat from bacon. Crumble and set aside.
- Saute the onion in 2 Tbsp of the bacon fat.
- In soup pot add the sauteed onions, potatoes, broth, salt. Cook until tender and reduce heat.
- In a small bowl stir flour and evaporated milk together until smooth. Add to soup stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring while bringing soup to a boil again.
- Reduce heat, stir until thickened.
- Add crumbled bacon and garnish with green onion.